Car insurance is a mandatory requirement in Kenya as stipulated by the laws. However, comprehensive car insurance is not a mandatory requirement. Comprehensive Car Insurance is quite costly compared to normal/ ordinary vehicle insurance policies. It has numerous benefits which include;
- It offers full protection to all parties in case an accident happens.
- Offers financial assistance in case your car is damaged due to natural calamities, riots, or fire, in case of an accident, or if it is stolen.
- Third-party benefits in case of damage to other people’s vehicles, buildings, deaths, or injuries.
In No Particular Order, Here is a list of the best comprehensive car insurance companies in Kenya
1. Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee is one of the best insurance companies in Kenya. Its comprehensive car insurance offers overall protection against damages to both parties involved in an accident.
The comprehensive policy is extensive and covers damages to the car, theft, legal liability to a third party, property damage, fire, and personal accident cover.
Benefits of Jubilee Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Excellent claims settlement.
- Political violence and terrorism benefit.
- 24-hour towing service.
- Accident and disability benefits.
- Free motor valuation and inspection.
Contact: 0709 949 000.
2. AIG Insurance Kenya
AIG is a market leader in general insurance countrywide. It offers a comprehensive car insurance cover, a superior cover that protects you against 3rd party deaths, bodily injury, or property damage as well as loss or damage to your vehicle as a result of an accident, accidental fire, or theft.
Benefits of AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Towing and recovery.
- Passenger legal liability.
- Emergency medical expenses.
- Windscreen and entertainment cover.
- Authorized repair.
- Geographical limit.
Contacts: 0723 600 400, 0723 600 500, 0731 091 298.
3. ICEA Lion
ICEA Lion comprehensive motor insurance covers the following;
(a). Loss, theft, or damage
- To the motor vehicle, its accessories, and spare parts.
- Windscreen damage – up to a free limit ranging from 30,000 to 50,000 depending on your type of vehicle.
- Whilst in the custody of a mechanic or garage for overhaul, upkeep or repair.
- Entertainment system- if stolen or damaged up to a limit of Kshs 30,000. In the event the cost of replacement is higher, you will need to cover the additional cost.
(b). Injury to another party.
Should another party require emergency assistance, you are at liberty to take them to the hospital and meet their medical expense of up to Kshs 30,000 and the amount will be refunded to you upon presentation of the required documentation (medical report from the doctor as well as the corresponding receipts).
(c). Loss of life.
Death of the occupants of your vehicle as well as the third parties involved (the other people not in your vehicle).
(d). Medical expenses incurred by the occupants of a motor vehicle as a result of an accident or property damage belonging to third parties.
(e). Valuation service.
Free valuation the first time you take the comprehensive cover. For subsequent valuations, you will enjoy a discount from the company’s panel of valuers.
The company covers the cost up to a limit of Kshs 50,000. You will need to cover any additional cost should the cost be higher.
Contacts: 0711 071 000/ 0730 151 999.
4. CIC Insurance
CIC comprehensive insurance covers you against accidental damage, malicious damage, theft, fire, third-party liability, floods, riots, strikes, and civil commotions.
The cost rate ranges between 3.5% and 6% of the value of a car. It is calculated based on the value of your car once the valuation is done.
Contacts: 0703 099 120, 020 282 3000.
5. Heritage Insurance
The insurance company’s comprehensive insurance is a superior cover as it covers all parties including third-party fire and theft.
It extends to cover any other accidental damage to the vehicle including collision, overturning, effects of natural disasters etc.
Contacts: 0711 039 000, 0734 101 000.
6. APA Insurance
APA comprehensive insurance cover takes care of a wide range of risks that a motorist may suffer in the process of using his vehicle. The main cover features are as follows;
- Accidental impact damage including overturning and collision.
- Accidental fire damage.
- Theft/ partial theft cover.
- Third-party liability cover for bodily injury and property damage.
- Windscreen cover.
- Entertainment system cover.
- Emergency medical expense cover.
- Political violence and terrorism cover.
- Excess protector.
Contacts: 020 286 2000, 0709 912 777.
Drop You Comments, Let's Know If We Helped