For a considerable duration, Kenyans on Twitter have wholeheartedly embraced the platform’s full potential, reveling in the liberty it offers for self-expression without any reluctance.
As in any aspect of life, there are individuals who excel and become leaders, while others choose to follow their lead. Achieving stardom and mastering the art of navigating this platform demands unwavering consistency and active engagement.
Below is a compilation of some of the most influential individuals, known as “tweeps,” within the Kenyan Twitter community.
- News Outlets:
- @NationAfrica: The official Twitter account of the Daily Nation, a prominent Kenyan newspaper.
- @StandardKenya: The official Twitter account of The Standard, another major newspaper in Kenya.
- Media Personalities:
- @LarryMadowo: Larry Madowo is a Kenyan journalist and broadcaster known for his insightful commentary on various topics.
- @CarolRadull: Carol Radull is a popular Kenyan sports journalist and media personality.
- Government and Politics:
- @StateHouseKenya: The official Twitter account of the Kenyan State House, providing updates on the President and government activities.
- @RailaOdinga: Raila Odinga is a prominent Kenyan politician and former Prime Minister.
- Technology and Innovation:
- @iLabAfrica: The official account of iLab Africa, a research and innovation center at Strathmore University focusing on technology.
- Business and Finance:
- @Kenyanwalstreet: Provides insights and analysis on the Kenyan economy and financial markets.
- @alykhansatchu: Aly-Khan Satchu is an influential Kenyan financial analyst and investor.
- Wildlife and Conservation:
- @SaveTheElephant: An organization focused on elephant conservation in Kenya and beyond.
- @lewa_wildlife: Lewa Wildlife Conservancy’s Twitter account, highlighting conservation efforts in northern Kenya.
- Arts and Culture:
- @Kenyamuseums: Official account of the National Museums of Kenya, sharing information about cultural heritage and exhibits.
- @OfficialFKF: The official account of the Football Kenya Federation, providing updates on Kenyan football.
- @KenyaRugby247: News and updates on Kenyan rugby.
Remember that Twitter is a diverse platform, and you can find accounts that cover various interests and niche topics beyond these categories.
Also, since the landscape of social media can change rapidly, it’s a good idea to use the Twitter search function to find recent and trending accounts related to your specific interests.