The HELB Clearance certificate can be accessed from the Higher Education Financing (HEF) website by logging in with your previous HELB portal credentials.
If you don’t remember your password, you can easily reset it on the login page by clicking the ‘Forgot Password’ link. Afterward, you can check your email address and follow the link sent from HEF to change your password.
Please note that all university student scholarships and financing have now migrated to the HEF portal. This article will guide you through the process of obtaining your HELB compliance certificate and loan statement for beneficiaries.
Register and Activate HEF Account (Non-HELB Beneficiaries)
If you have never benefited from a HELB loan, you will need to register an account on the HEF student portal:
- Visit https://www.hef.co.ke
- Click on the ‘Register’ button
- Enter your valid email address and a secure password that you will use to access the portal
- Go to the email address you entered and follow the link sent from HEF to activate your account
- Log in to the HEF student portal using your email and password
- Next, you will be asked to update your personal details, including religion, location, and address
To Access Your HELB Clearance Certificate:
- Go to the HEF student portal: https://portal.hef.co.ke
- Click on the menu PORTALS at the top right corner of your screen
- Log in with your email and password ( or reset by clicking Forgot Password)
- Scroll down and look for the tab Clearance Certificate
- This will take you to the certificate download page
- Click on the button Print Certificate/ Reprint Certificate
- Your certificate will be downloaded to your device in a short while
The Student Portal also enables you to download your HELB student loan statement. The statement will go a long way in helping you check your loan balance and whether repayments are being made on schedule.
If you have completed repaying your student loan, this will also assist you in checking if you have any overpayments that you will need to reclaim.
To Download Your HELB Loan Statement:
The steps are the same as above but shortened. If you are already logged in, just follow these:
- Scroll down and click on the ‘HELB Student Loan Statement’ tab
- This will take you to the statement download page
- Click on ‘Get Statement.
- Details of your loan repayments and current balance will be displayed on the screen
- Click ‘Print Certificate’ to download or print your statement