You can select or change your NHIF outpatient hospital by dialing *155# on your mobile phone and following the given onscreen directions.
You can choose or change NHIF outpatient facility through one of the following three convenient methods:
- Utilizing the NHIF mobile USSD code *155#
- Visiting the NHIF Selfcare Website
- Downloading the NHIF mobile app, My NHIF.
This article explains the several methods you can use to select or change your NHIF hospital service provider.
Choose NHIF hospital/facility is usually done quarterly for the Supa Cover; that is in the months of March, June, September, and December, and twice yearly for the civil servants.
- Dial *155# on your phone
- Select your language, English or Kiswahili
- Key in your ID number
- You will receive a message on your phone with an OTP (one-time password) code
- Enter the OTP code and press Send
- From the pop-up screen that appears, select either Choose Out-Patient Facility or Change Out-Patient Facility, accordingly
- Select your dependent and search for the name of the hospital you want to register
- Continue with the on-screen directions and repeat the above step for all your dependents.
While using the NHIF USSD code *155# you may see the message “A valid mobile phone number does not exist on your NHIF account”
In this case, call the NHIF toll-free customer care number 080072060 or visit the nearest NHIF service point and request them to update your NHIF account with your current mobile phone number.
How to Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Using NHIF Online Selfcare
- Visit the NHIF Selfcare Website
- Key in your ID number and press Enter
- Enter the NHIF Web Selfcare One Time Password, and OTP pin, send to your phone
- Click Verify
- After successful login, you will be presented with a summary of your NHIF Member Data and the choice to select or change NHIF hospital for yourself or your dependents
- You may also click on the Facilities menu to load your data summary and dependents’
- To change the outpatient facility for a dependent, look for the option, Change Outpatient Facility, under each member’s details.
- Follow the steps to select or choose a facility and county
Remember you can only change NHIF outpatient facility quarterly, that is in March, June, September, and December.