In Kenya, one popular method used by the majority of businesses in rewarding long-time customers for their loyalty is via the reward Bonga points system. Convert bonga points to CASH is a loyalty program offered by Safaricom, Telkom, or Airtel, a telecommunications company in Kenya.
This technique entails earning points whenever a particular service is used upon which the points can be cumulatively redeemed for a reward/service.
For instance, in the telecommunications sector, the major network operators offer reward points for using their voice, data, or SMS services.
Airtel Bonga Points
Airtel subscribers can enroll for the Zawadi points program via the Ussd code *326# whereby for every Ksh10 spent on calls/data/SMS earns 1 Zawadi point which can therefore be redeemed for free airtime, internet, and phones & accessories
Telkom Bonga Points
Telkom subscribers are automatically enrolled in the Ziada points program upon registration of the Telkom lines whereby for every Ksh1 spent on calls/SMS/data earns 1 Ziada point which can therefore be redeemed for free data and airtime.
Safaricom Bonga Point
Safaricom subscribers can enroll for the Bonga Point program via the Ussd code *126# whereby for every Ksh10 spent on calls/data/SMS earns 1 Bonga point.
Bonga Point can ultimately be redeemed for free airtime, minutes, SMS, MMS, internet, phones/tablets & accessories, air tickets as well as the purchase of goods and services via buy goods and lipa na M-Pesa options.
Unfortunately, for Airtel and Telkom subscribers, said loyalty points cannot be redeemed for actual cash.
Luckily for Safaricom subscribers, one can use the below method to convert Bonga Points to cash via M-PESA directly.
Step 1 – Lipa na Bonga
Dial *126*2*2# or Click here https://bonga.brainverse.co/
- Enter Business Number: 4038069 (BRAINVERSE TECHNOLOGIES)
- Enter the M-PESA number to receive cash as Account Number e.g. 0713…
- Enter Amount
- Enter M-PESA PIN
- Wait for confirmation SMSes from Safaricom, M-PESA & BRAINVERSE.
How Much Is 1000 Bonga Points
The value of 1000 Bonga Points depends on how you choose to redeem them. Here are some ways you can use your Bonga Point:
- Redeem for airtime: 1000 Bonga Point can be redeemed for KES 30 worth of airtime.
- Pay for goods and services: You can use your Bonga Points to pay for goods and services at selected merchants. The value of 1000 Bonga Points will depend on the merchant and their redemption rate.
- Get discounts: You can use your Bonga Point to get discounts on goods and services at selected merchants. The value of 1000 Bonga Points will depend on the merchant and their discount rate.
- Redeem for other rewards: Safaricom offers other rewards such as smartphones, data bundles, and other products that you can redeem using your Bonga Point. The value of 1000 Bonga Points will depend on the specific reward you choose.
Overall, the value of 1000 Bonga Points varies depending on how you choose to redeem them, and it’s best to check with Safaricom or their partners for the specific value in each case.