An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate is a digital certificate that provides secure encryption between a website’s server and a user’s browser. It ensures that the data transferred between the two remains encrypted and protected from unauthorized access. To install an Auto SSL certificate in cPanel on a GoDaddy hosting account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account. This can usually be done by accessing the URL “https://domain.com/cpanel” or “https://domain.com:2083” and entering your cPanel username and password.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Security section and click on “SSL/TLS Manager.“
- In the SSL/TLS Manager, you will see several options. Click on the “Manage SSL Sites” option.
- On the next page, scroll down until you find the “Install an SSL Website” section. You should see your domain name listed there.
- In the “Install an SSL Website” section, click on the “Browse Certificates” button. This will open a list of available certificates.
- Look for the “Autossl” option in the list and click on the “Use Certificate” button next to it.
- Once you click “Use Certificate,” the page will refresh, and you should see a success message indicating that the Auto SSL certificate has been installed for your domain.
- Once the Auto SSL certificate is issued, you can close the window and return to the “Manage SSL Sites” page. You should now see the certificate listed under the “Certificate Details” section for your domain.
That’s it! The Auto SSL certificate is now installed for your domain on cPanel through GoDaddy. It may take a few minutes for the changes to propagate and for the SSL certificate to be fully active.
MUST READ: Top 10 Proven Ways to Get Backlinks To Your Website
Remember that GoDaddy also provides customer support, so if you encounter any difficulties or have specific questions about their setup, you can reach out to their support team for further assistance.
Drop You Comments, Let's Know If We Helped