Are you looking to reverse the MPesa transaction? In this article, I will show you how to reverse M-Pesa sent to the wrong number or Paybill.
I know It is easy to wire money accidentally using Safaricom’s M-PESA service. Luckily, the operator has a handy function for reversing an outgoing Money Transfer to its recipient.
There are procedures for reversing wrong Mpesa transactions when they happen and a good chance to get your money back.
However, this cannot be reversed if the wrong person has already withdrawn money from their M-Pesa account when you try to reverse the transaction.
Follow these steps immediately after you realize you’ve made a mistake with your Mpesa transaction.
How to Reverse Mpesa Transaction
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reverse a Safaricom Mpesa transaction sent to the wrong number:
- First of all, you need to have your transaction number. Go to the notification SMS sent by Safaricom and copy the Transaction Code.
- Create a text message with content. Paste the Transaction Code there and send it to number 456. Safaricom will get back to you regarding your transaction. Given the day, this process can sometimes take up to 2 hours.
- If they don’t respond, please call customer care on 100 prepaid customers and 200 postpaid customers for further help.
MUST READ: Mpesa Transaction Charges 2023, (UPDATED)
Safaricom has a handy function for reversing an outgoing Money Transfer to its recipient. To avoid this problem, always check before you send it.
You can also use a Safaricom feature known as Hakikisha, which allows you to confirm the recipient’s details before sending them money from M-Pesa.
If you send to the wrong Paybill or till, use the same method and send Safaricom an SMS as outlined above and you will be able to get your money back.
Reverse Mpesa Transaction After 24 Hours
Most MPESA reversal methods are only effective if money is sent to the wrong number or till within 24 hours.
After that MPESA reversal time limit, the only realistic way to get your money back is to contact customer service and request that they assist you in reversing it.
So, at the time you realize you made a mistake with your Mpesa transaction, simply dial 100 (for prepaid customers) or 200 (for postpaid customers) at no cost, follow the instructions on the other end of the line, and wait for a Customer Care representative to assist you.
After providing the necessary information, you will receive an SMS initiating the reversal.
Additionally, you can also call 234 and follow the prompts, providing the necessary information.
However, before calling Safaricom Customer Care, it is best to send the MPESA transaction message to 456.
You can also contact Safaricom through the following platforms, though their response time may be longer.
Reversing Mpesa transactions with Safaricom online
It is also possible to reverse a Mpesa transaction through the company’s official website.
To achieve this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit Safaricom’s portal at https://selfcare.safaricom.co.ke.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, click the “Live Chat” tab.
- A pop-up window will appear with the required instructions.
- You will be asked to provide information about yourself, your mobile number, and your request.
- Once the information has been entered, you will receive a response that your request will be processed.
Once you’ve done that, you can rest assured that your request will be handled. Only make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Requesting for Mpesa reversal via social media
Due to a large number of accounts and bots attempting to defraud you, this has become a tricky method in recent days.
As a result, always double-check that you’ve contacted the correct Safaricom accounts on Twitter and Facebook. Check that the social media pages have the “Verified” tick.
- Contact @Safaricom PLC on Facebook or @Safaricom_Care on Twitter.
- Tell them about your problem and send them the transaction message.
- You will be advised on how to proceed and when a resolution is likely.
Requesting Mpesa reversal by visiting a Mpesa agent
Mpesa agents can also assist you with the reversal; therefore, go to your nearest Mpesa agent to get assistance.
To avoid impersonation, you will be required to verify that the Mpesa account belongs to you (by providing a valid national ID).
Furthermore, you must show the agent the Mpesa transaction message, and the agent will contact Safaricom on your behalf to request a reversal.