After Kenya Power announced that third-party apps (including banking apps) will no longer be used to buy Kenya Power tokens or to pay your Kenya Power bill. Customers will only be able to use the 888880 Paybill number from now on. This is for those buying Kenya Power tokens, prepaid customers will only use the 888888 Paybill number.
Prepay: How to Load KPLC tokens using MPesa:
- Go to M-Pesa menu
- Click ”Lipa na M-Pesa’
- Click PayBill
- Enter the KPLC business number which is 888880
- Enter the account number
- Enter the amount of money you want to buy tokens with
- Enter your M-Pesa pin
- Click send and wait for a confirmation from both M-Pesa and Kenya Power
- After receiving the confirmation message one can now enter the tickets in their meter box
Postpaid: How to pay your Kenya Power bill via M-Pesa
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-Pesa menu.
- Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
- Enter your new Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Shs. 100 and Shs.35,000.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- Confirm that all details are correct.
- You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
Note: You can also pay your Kenya Power bill by dialing *977# on your phone.
Purchasing Kenya Power Tokens via the Mpesa Pay Bill Number 888880 is one of the easiest methods of paying for KPLC electricity bills. All that you need is any phone with a Safaricom line.