Load KPLC Token: – The plan to electrify Kenya, which kicked off in 2017, has seen over 5 million customers connected to the national grid through prepaid meter boxes. The process of loading tokens requires that a customer has a valid meter number.
And the meter installed at your premise:-
- Key in the 20-digit number on the token using the keypad and press enter
- On the screen an ACCEPT message will be displayed and your units will be increased with the amount of electricity purchased
- If the screen displays a USED message, it means that the token has already been used.
- If the screen displays an OLD message, it means the token is old and invalid
- If the screen displays a REJECT message, it means that there is something wrong with your token. In this case, you must contact the KPLC call center at the numbers provided
- Always check that your meter has enough electricity units left. This information is displayed on the screen.
- A low credit alarm will be shown when the credit falls below 20 Kwhrs. Please purchase more electricity when this happens to avoid your power going off.
If the token was entered incorrectly the display will indicate “EEEEE 13”
ALSO READ: How to Handle KPLC Token Delay
How To Load KPLC Token
You can be able to load your token and enjoy power supply in a few ways which include via the vendor, via the M-Pesa, and Airtel money.
We shall take a look at a step-by-step guide for each of them. Please find them below;
How to load KPLC Token Via Vendor
To load the token via a vendor, you will need to know your meter number before meeting the vendor.
- Check your meter number by dialing 100 on the meter and it will be displayed.
- Visit the vendor and make payment for your choice
- Give the vendor your meter number
- Collect the 20-digit token from the vendor
- Load the token on your meter and it is done.
How to load KPLC Token Via M-Pesa
To load your token via M-Pesa, please follow the steps below;
On your mobile phone, navigate to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit and then select the M-PESA menu.
From there select “Lipa na M-PESA“
Next is to choose the “Pay Bill“ option
Input “Enter Business number“ followed by the KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number which is 888880 and then press “OK”
Pick the option “Enter Account number“, then input your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number, verify it and press “OK”
Input the amount and press “OK”
Input your M-PESA PIN and then press “OK”
Verify that all the details are correct and press “OK” if they are.