Motor vehicle search in Kenya can now be done online thanks to NTSA Motor vehicle Search and other services platform TIMs.
When you want to buy a used vehicle locally one of the first steps to do is to do a search to able to Know the history of the car. To know the car is duly registered and to confirm the real registered owner of the vehicle.
This is a very important step in purchasing a car from another person, a company, or an organization.
If you’re a money lending organization and you take logbooks as collateral, this is a common procedure and the first step of accepting a vehicle as security against a loan by a particular customer.
READ ALSO: Cheapest Logbook Loans in Kenya
Steps to performing an NTSA motor vehicle search online;
- This service cost 550 KSh. so ensure you have an equivalent amount of money on M-PESA, Airtel Money, or VISA cards.
- Log in to your eCitizen account. If you do not have an account at eCitizen, click here to create one.
- Once your account is created or if you have one, log in to eCitizen here:
- Select National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) and click on “Get Service Now”.
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle registration”
- Choose “Search for a motor vehicle (copy of files)”
- Click Apply Now and enter the vehicle registration number without space, for example, KAA567A.
- Select your payment method and follow the instructions on the website to download the requested registration information.
NOTE: The NTSA motor vehicle Search copy of records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the seller’s documents before purchase:
- Vehicle Model,
- Body Type,
- Chassis No,
- Engine Number No,
- Year Of Manufacture,
- Name Of Owner,
For Any Other Inquiries Contact NTSA Kenya on 020 6632000/0709 932 000| Email: [email protected]