Just like any other social media platform, TikTok has a feature that lets users add a link in the bio. This helps content creators manage accounts and keep their audience engaged. And if you are using TikTok for business, it gives you more authority
Add a link to a TikTok bio without a business account
First, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. The only way to have a customized, clickable link in your bio is with a business account.
You can read more about how to convert your account later in the article. However, you’re not totally out of luck if you don’t want to convert your account, either.
the surefire way to add personal links to your bio is to convert your TikTok account to a business account. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to do that. In fact, here’s how you do it:
- In TikTok, tap the Profile tab.
- Tap the menu button in the top-right corner.
- Tap Manage account > Switch to Business Account > Next.
- Select what category your business falls under and hit Next to finish
Now that you’ve converted to a business account, this is what you need to do to add a personal link to your bio:
- Go into the Profile tab (if you’re not there already).
- Tap Edit profile > Add your website.
- Type in your URL and click Save.
Adding a link to a personal TikTok bio
If you want to add your personal website to your TikTok bio, you definitely can do that. It just won’t be clickable. As such, your URL should be something short and easy to remember. But honestly, asking people to remember a URL and type it in by hand is a tall order.
It’s worth noting that you can add links to other social media platforms that you’re on, like Instagram or YouTube. Your followers will be able to click on those links and go to your page on those platforms.
Adding an Instagram or YouTube link to your bio is really easy. All you have to do is:
- In TikTok, tap Profile.
- Hit the Edit profile button.
- Now tap Add Instagram or YouTube to your profile.
- Log in to those platforms.