In September 2017, Kenya launched the e-Passport system to issue digital passports in compliance with ICAO document 9303 and the East African Community Summit resolution. If you lost your Kenyan passport, you will need to apply for another passport to travel.
Requirements for Replacement of a Lost Kenyan Passport
- Police Abstract for Loss of Passport
- An affidavit detailing the circumstances under which the loss of the passport occurred
- Three colored Passport size photographs
- Duly completed Passport application form and two payment invoices
- Personal statement/ letter explaining how you lost the passport
- Copy of the lost passport bio-data page if available
- Original ID and a copy for Adults
- Original birth certificate and photocopy
- Payment of the prescribed fee of Ksh.12,050
MUST READ: Passport Application Cost in Kenya
How to Replace a Lost Kenyan Passport
- Log into the e-citizen portal
- Select Directorate of Immigration Services
- Select passport application
- Choose the passport owner, whether it is yourself or your child
- Choose the passport type, whether it is ordinary or diplomatic
- Choose the type of application, in this case, select a lost passport
- Fill in the passport application form completely and accurately. Fill in the correct information.
- Pay the required amount of Kshs 12,050 which is the fee charged for the replacement of the lost passport
- Download the application form
- Book an appointment with the Immigration Department in the County
- Attend your appointment in person with the required documents
This process takes approximately 5 business days, after which your passport will be ready for pickup. Identity verification is required when receiving the passport.
The current Passport Application and Processing Stations are in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu Embu, Nakuru, Kisii, and Eldoret and in six foreign missions London, Washington DC, Berlin, Pretoria, Dubai, and Paris… One must appear in person for the collection of fingerprints.
Department of Immigration Services
Location: Nyayo House 9th floor, Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
Contacts: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
Email: [email protected]