Zenka is a mobile-based loan app in Kenya owned by Zenka Finance Limited that provides short-term loans to Kenyans directly to their M-Pesa.
Zenka finance launched the Zenka app in December 2018 and has since grown to be a leading digital lender in Kenya. The app has over 1 Million downloads on the Google App store with a 4.0 Start Rating from over five hundred thousand reviews from its users.
Everything from loan application to repayment is through the mobile phone, either through the app or a USSD code.
Now that you know what Zenka is, let’s answer some of the most asked questions.
How does the Zenka app work?
The app works, making it easy for users to borrow money from Zenka anytime they need it. The application process is also easy, and anyone with a phone within five minutes.
Here is how the Zenka loan app works:
- First, you download the app and install it on your mobile phone.
- Open the app and fill out the Zenka application form.
- If successful, you will receive money on your M-Pesa
- When the time comes, repay your loan to access higher loan limits.
How much can I borrow from Zenka? Zenka loans on the app range from Ksh 500 to Ksh 20,000, while the loans accessed through the USSD are between the ranges of Ksh. 500 to a maximum of Ksh. 10,000.
Zenka’s 30-day loan has a processing fee ranging from KSh 45 to 870. They also charge an interest rate of 11%.
How do I install the Zenka app?
To install the Zenka loan app, you need to follow the following steps:
- Have an internet-enabled smartphone
- Visit Google Play Store
- Search for the Zenka app (Type “Zenka” that is enough)
- Download and let the app install on your phone.
Downloading the Zenka application is a straightforward process. If you don’t have an Android phone or your internet connection isn’t fast enough to download it through Google Play Store, you have other options!
You can visit their official website and use their APK file installer tool, but this may be complicated for some people, and I don’t recommend it.
How do I get a loan from Zenka?
There are two ways you can use to get a loan from Zenka;
- Through the Zenka app
- Using a USSD code
I will show you how to get a loan from Zenka below based on the two different ways.
How to get a loan from Zenka through the Zenka App
To get your first Zenka from the app
- Open the Play Store On your phone and search for the “Zenka loan app.”
- Download and install the app.
- Open the app to register/sign up and fill out the short Zenka loan application form.
- Choose the loan amount that you wish to apply for in addition to loan terms, and then wait for evaluation from the Zenka team.
- If your loan application is successful and approved, your loan will be disbursed straight to your M_Pesa account.
How to get a loan from Zenka through USSD Code
To use the Zenka USSD code to access your loan. Your Safaricom line needs to be active and has sufficient airtime in the first place.
Dial Zenka’s USSD code *841# and follow the system command prompt to access the loan menu to complete your loan application process.
How do I repay my Zenka loan?
For the sole purpose of this post, here is how to repay the Zenka loan app loan. You can repay your loan through any of the following methods.
To repay your Zenka loan;
Through the Zenka loan app
- Open the loan app and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Repay” button, and then you can either select or edit the default repayment loan amount.
- Lastly, Click on the “Repay now” button and follow the loan repayment user prompts to complete your transaction.
- SMS notification will be sent to you to confirm your loan repayment.
Via Zenka USSD code
To repay your Zenka on USSD, use the following procedure.
- Dial the *841# and enter your 4-digit secret PIN on your phone.
- Select the “Repay” option to reveal details of your loan balance.
- Next, select the “Repay full amount and follow the in-built system prompts to complete your transaction.
- You will then receive an SMS notification confirming your loan repayment.
Directly through M-Pesa
This method requires the Zenka Paybill Number. All you have to do is:
- Open the Safaricom Sim toolkit on your phone
- Select M-Pesa
- Pay Bill
- Use 979988 as the pay bill number
- Next, enter your phone number as the account number
- Enter the amount you wish to repay on the next screen
- Input M-Pesa Pin and send.
Zenka loan app contacts
If you need to contact the Zenka team, here is how to reach them
- Phone: +254 (0) 207650878
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zenkakenya/